In this guide, we will help you fix Netflix screen flickering on Windows 10/11 PCs or laptops.
Netflix allows you to watch high-quality video content, but the Netflix screen flickering issue may irritate you while watching a video. Despite the fact that Netflix is well-equipped to play video content in browsers, many users have reported Netflix screen flickering on their Windows PC, and the video is not properly playing. This post will walk you through a few troubleshooting steps. Let us get right to the solutions without further ado.
Table of Contents
7 Ways to Fix Netflix Screen Flickering on Windows 10/11 PC or Laptop
Fix #1. Check Netflix’s server status
Netflix is hosted on the AWS platform, and even the best server is bound to have issues at some point. It is not possible to guarantee 100% uptime. If your Netflix screen is flickering, the first thing you should do is check to see if Netflix’s servers are up and running. It is entirely possible that their servers will fail or be under maintenance, resulting in Netflix screen flickering on Windows 10/11. To find Netflix server uptime, follow the steps below:
- To do so, launch your preferred desktop browser and navigate to the server status page by simply clicking here.
- If you see the statement, “Netflix is up! We are not currently experiencing an interruption to our streaming service, ” then, there are no issues with the server.
If the server is down, you must wait until AWS is restored and Netflix is operational. However, if the server is operational, you must perform one of the following fixes.
Fix #2. Switch Your Browser
The browser you’re using may not support Netflix, or if the browser’s cookies and cache are conflicting with Netflix, the player or home screen may flicker. Thus, switching browsers is an option. Try Firefox, an open-source privacy project, and see if Netflix works there.
Fix #3. Scan your system for viruses
A virus or malware attack can also cause Netflix screen flickering on a PC or laptop. Aside from Netflix flickering on full screen, you may experience other performance issues. To save that, you are able to choose to open the antivirus software on your PC. You can’t do it on your own, so it’s time to delegate the task to the antivirus software.
- Open the Windows Settings app from the Start Menu.
- Go to “Privacy & security” on the left menu, and select “Windows Security” from the right pane.
- On the next page, click on “Open Windows Security” to continue.
- In Windows Security, click on “Virus & threat protection“.
- Click “Quick scan” to scan your system against viruses or malware that may have caused Netflix flickering problems.
Fix #4: Disable browser plug-ins
Plug-ins can be useful, but they can also interfere with the operation of other apps. Disabling them may help you fix the Netflix screen flickering problem.
- Launch your browser and click the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner.
- Go to “More tools” and select “Extensions“.
- Remove all extensions from the Extensions page and relaunch Netflix to see if the screen flickering is still present.
Fix #5. Change the Windows Power Plan to High Performance
Your computer or laptop has a physical battery that is managed by software. When you play a Netflix video in high resolution, the GPU/CPU processing increases. In short, as the GPU/CPU processing power increases, so does the power consumption. Meanwhile, some issues will arise as your system attempts to save energy. To address Netflix screen flickering, set your system to High Performance.
- Open Control Panel by searching for it in the Start.
- Go to “Hardware and Sound“.
- Click “Power options” to continue.
- Tick the “High performance” option. When you choose this power plan, your system will use maximum power and Netflix will run without any problem.
Fix #6. Update the Netflix app
If you are using the Netflix app on your PC, make sure to update it regularly. Updating the Netflix app may solve the Netflix flickering problem. Another thing you can do is reset the Netflix app, you might want to Repair or Reset the app and see if that helps.
That’s it! These are five ways to fix the Netflix flickering issue on Windows 11. Try them one by one and see which one helps. And, please share it in the comments section below. Also, if you have any other fix that helped you, share it as well. Good Luck!